From: wu chuanwen <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two things, AC97 sound and Gnome issues!
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:13:15
1 2006/4/27, Christopher E <sensory.access@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > Hello all,
4 >
5 > if there is any one that can help me with the following two issue I
6 > would be greatful.
7 >
8 > 1. I am have a error message when booting about snd_via82xx not
9 > found. FATAL: Module snd_via82xx not found. is the exact message.
12 Are you sure your sound module is "snd_via82xx"?I have a AC97 sound
13 card,and the modules is not this one.
14
15 I have the driver as part of the kernel, when I don't ALSA then gives
16 > a message like this:
17 > ALSA device list:
18 > Sound Card not found
19 >
20 > I have emerged hal, dbus, alsa-utils and have added all of them to
21 > rc-update level boot. I have run the alsaconf.
25 2. Now with gnome, when I type startx at the prompte I get the logo
26 > and then it stops, I then have to move the mouse and click on the logo
27 > and it goes away and then its just a blank screen. I have to do
28 > ctrl+alt+backspace to get out and get to a prompte again.
31 See the message after you do " ctrl+alt+bachspace"!
32
33 If you have any other questions that I have not answered here please
34 > ask so this may get fixed.
35 >
36 > If any one knows how I could fix these issue I would be greatful and
37 > thankful to you.
38 >
39 > Sincerely,
40 > Christopher