From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New portage adds USE description
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 01:27:08
1 > Have a look at the first section in [1] and [2]. Note the references to
2 > release notes and news file in [2]. If this doesn't answer your question feel
3 > free to clarify your question.
4 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20060116-newsletter.xml
5 > [2] http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20060612-newsletter.xml
6
7 Thanks for the links. They explained alot. I now understand what is meant by the USE parameters
8 and the "minus" use parameters. But I have a few additional questions.
9
10 For example: from "emerge -DuvpN world"
11 net-im/gaim-1.5.0 USE="eds nls perl spell tcltk* -cjk -debug -gnutls -krb4 -minimal% -nas -silc"
12 0 kB
13
14 Is there any significance to the USE color codes:
15 RED: eds, nls, perl, spell
16 GREEN: tcltk*
17 BLUE: -cjk, -debug, -gnutls, -krb4, -nas, -silc
18 YELLOW: -minimal%
19
20 And also, is there any significance to * and %
21 tcltk*
22 -minimal%
23
24 Thanks for the your input.