From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: rsync internal mirror configuration
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:58:43
1 Dave Nebinger <dnebinger <at> joat.com> writes:
2
3 > > Thanks for the scripts and help!
4
5 > That's what we're here for
6
7 BACKGROUND:
8 I did not use your scripts yet...today I'll implement them.
9
10 I recently set up an internal server for rsync and distfile distribution.
11 How do I check to ensure that this internal server actually was successful
12 at downloading the rsync files and the appropriate distfiles for the other
13 sytems?
14
15 I followed part 4 of this document:
16 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml?style=printable
17
18 and these 3 documents:
19
20 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Local_Rsync_Mirror.
21 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Http_proxy
22 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Download_Cache_for_LAN-Http-Replicator
25 PROBLEM?
26 I manually ran 'emerge -uDp world' today on both a client and the
27 sever. The client updated a few files, the server returned nothing to update.
28 I kept another p4 system using rsync and downloading the distfiles separate.
29
30 emerge -uDp world shows this file (among others) on the P4 system using the old
31 external update method:
32 [ebuild NS ] sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.12-r5
33
34 The new internal-AMD rsync/distfile server, issueing
35 'emerge -s gentoo-sources' shows:
36 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
37 Latest version available: 2.6.12-r4
38 Latest version installed: 2.6.12-r4
39
40 Is this evidence that the nightly updates, are not working on the
41 internal server?
42 Is there a simple test to determine if the updates are working
43 on the rsync and distfiles?
44
45 Did I miss something?
46 Ideas?