From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ACPI
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:52:22
1 John Dangler schreef:
2 > weird - rc-update show doesn't show acpi at all.
3 > /etc/init.d/acpid doesn't exist.
4
5 Well, you can't very well run the acpi daemon if you don't have it, can
6 you-- and if you don't have it, how is GNOME supposed to find it?
9 * sys-power/acpid
10 Available versions: 1.0.2-r2 1.0.4-r1 1.0.4-r2
11 Installed: 1.0.4-r2
12 Homepage: http://acpid.sourceforge.net
14 Interface
15
16 Perhaps acpi is not in your USE flags-- otherwise the daemon would have
17 probably been installed as a dependency of something that could use it,
18 like gnome-applets:
19
20 emerge -pv gnome-applets
21
22 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
23
24 Calculating dependencies ...done!
25 [ebuild R ] gnome-base/gnome-applets-2.10.1 +acpi -apm -debug -doc
26 +gstreamer -ipv6 6,103 kB
27
28 ... since the battery monitor applet depends on the acpi (or apm) daemon
29 to be running to be able to grab the data and display it.
30
31 Or are you using apm instead? Sorry, no laptop, so I don't know how to
32 work with that... but I would assume it works the same way, just instead
33 of compiling the kernel with acpi support, building packages with +acpi
34 and using the acpi daemon, you would instead build the kernel with apm
35 support, build packages with +apm and run the apm daemon.
36
37 HTH,
38 Holly
39 --