From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge --keep-going but it doesn't
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 01:03:45
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 05/27/2010 07:39 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> walt wrote:
4 >>> On 05/27/2010 02:42 AM, Dale wrote:
5 >>>> Hi folks.
6 >>>>
7 >>>> I'm doing a fresh install onto another hard drive. Just felt like
8 >>>> doing a fresh
9 >>>> one instead of copying. Anyway, I got most everything installed. I
10 >>>> was doing my
11 >>>> last set of installs, things like seamonkey, firefox, pigdin, gtkam
12 >>>> and all the
13 >>> > other programs I use for this and that. I did copy my old
14 >>> make.conf over from the
15 >>> > old install. I have the --keep-going option in there.
16 >>>
17 >>> Hm. Does it work if you use the --keep-going option on the command
18 >>> line instead
19 >>> of in make.conf?
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >> I then moved it from one section in make.conf and put it in the
23 >> other. Now it sees
24 > > the option. I guess it was in the wrong place. For the record, I had
25 > it in FEATURES
26 > > and moved it to the EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS.
27 >
28 > Augh! Why didn't you tell me that years ago? I would have been using
29 > that trick
30 > myself all this time.
34 If I knew you needed to know, I would have told you. I wish there was a
35 mailing list that only had changes being made to portage. New features
36 and options that we don't know about. Reading the man page just doesn't
37 get it for me. Sometimes I read the man page but just don't quite have
38 that light bulb moment.
39
40 I think I actually read about that on this list. Someone else was doing
41 a emerge -e world after really borking something and had frequent
42 compile failures. I think he was trying to change the CHOST or
43 something. I remember it was a huge mess.
44
45 Sorry I didn't know but will try to do better next time. < Dale gets his
46 crystal ball out >
47
48 Dale
49