From: Bob Wya <bob.mt.wya@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the new ssd, is it happy?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:40:33
1 So it probably is Samsung's dodgy firmware not working with the SATA-3.0
2 extensions (aka SATA 3.1).
3
4 Like I mentioned I can't even run my Samsung SSD's @6Gbit because none of
5 the models I own support deterministic trim - which is a much bigger
6 problem than yours! I assumed the 850 Pro would support deterministic trim
7 - as the 840 Pro models supported it - but hell no!
8
9 I wouldn't rely on any firmware updates from Samsung to fix any of this
10 stuff... It has to be really, really bad - like the 840 issues - before
11 they'll pull their finger out.
12
13 I'll certainly be raising a support issue, over the lack of
14 non-deterministic trim support in the 850 Pro firmware, but I expect that
15 will get as far as my LSI Support issue did... :-(