From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Info about PCMCIA Combo USB 2.0 & SATA CardBus,,Model: PPA 1158
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 05:22:00
1 on 06/30/2011 07:34 AM JD wrote the following:
2 > This pcmcia card has a couple of bad raps from windows users.
3 > I need this card for my laptop because I have an external HD enclosure
4 > with eSATA port and my laptop lacks USB 2.0 (has USB 1.1).
5 > The manufacturer emailed me and claimed the card was tested
6 > in kernel 2.6.32 and passed.
7 > I am trying to get some info about other users who may have
8 > used it in their laptops running any version of linux.
9 >
10 > The card's web site is:
11 > http://ppa-usa.com/computer-products/sata/pcmcia-combo-usb-2-0-and-sata-cardbus.html
14 I think the only way to be sure, is to find out the chipset that the
15 card has.