From: Jeff Grant <jgrant@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] uniprint, ggv, and utf-8 - argh...
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:52:18
1 Ok - so - I got yudit living on my box, which also contains the uniprint
2 program.
3
4 $ man uniprint
5
6 uniprint - produce postscript output from unicode text for printing
7
8 So - here's the command I'm using on what appears to be a Chinese utf-8
9 file:
10
11 uniprint -in chinese_utf8.txt -out /tmp/chinese_utf8.ps -size 14
12
13 Now - all seems well, until I try to view the file:
14
15 ggv (or gv) /tmp/chinese_utf8.ps
16
17 I see *almost* all the Chinese characters, but there's still a few boxes
18 that are 'bitboxes' - the empty boxes with the little encoding numbers
19 in them. Seems like uniprint doesn't know how to 'draw' them, or what
20 have you.
21
22 I'm no X/utf8/PS master here - could anyone give me a hint as to wth I
23 need to do to get the rest of the characters to draw properly into the
24 PS output file?
25
26 Thanks!
27