From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using lvm without a partition of type linux LVM
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 08:19:28
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 13 Oct 2013 00:07:56 Thanasis wrote:
3 >> on 10/12/2013 05:40 PM gottlieb@×××.edu wrote the following:
4 >>> copy the lvm partitions to directories on an external disk (ext3)
5 >>
6 >> What command did you use for copying?
7 >
8 > You can use rsync, scp or (s)tar.
9 >
10 > Personally I prefer star with the copy option.
11 >
12 > Word of warning: check that the attributes and mod times are as you want
13 > them, especially with rsync which with the -a parameter preserves the
14 source
15 > directory/machine ownership, rather than the expected destination
16 defaults.
17
18 When I do a copy on a setup like this, I just use cp -a. Add the v if
19 you want to see what it is doing. I have used it many times and it
20 works just fine. Clean and simple. If over a network or something tho,
21 gets complicated pretty quick.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
29 how you interpreted my words!