From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should emerge --sync be so slow?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:53:22
1 On Thursday 20 October 2005 01:19 am, A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > Well, you could try this:
4 > >
5 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_speed_up_portage_with_cdb
6 > >
7 > > Several people here (including me) are using this without any bad
8 > > effects.
9 >
10 > I noticed this broke after the recent Python upgrade - I had to remove the
11 > module to run emerge.
12
13 Yes, but all you need to do is (as the python update ebuild reported but many
14 of us missed) run python-updater and it would have resolved the issue.
15
16 It was due to relocation of the libraries for py 2.4 vs 2.3
17
18 Run python-updater and then restore the cdb module.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list