From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 22:38:05
1 On September 25, 2016 12:30:42 AM GMT+02:00, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 21:42:23 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Robinson wrote:
3 >
4 >> Joost you should not be responding to people seeking help. Your
5 >> attititude is offensive. Joachim and Rich have made positive
6 >> suggestions. Sorry about top posting, but today is my first day on
7 >the
8 >> list.
9 >
10 >Does anyone else yearn for the good old days of usenet and the "lurk
11 >for
12 >seven days" rule? Or did my laser eye surgery involve an excessive
13 >amount
14 >of rose tinting? ;-)
15
16 I actually don't remember that rule. But when simply following the netiquette guidelines, it was really simple to get quick, friendly and helpful responses.
17
18 I always bottom post in my emails.
19 Only exception being when using work email. And that is because there people tend to not understand it at all and stop reading as soon as they see any quoted part of the email.
20
21 There, I accept it as I am being paid.
22
23 Here, I expect common courtesy in following the status quo as it is on a voluntary basis.
24
25 Why are more and more people expecting to be able to act in a non civil manner and still get high quality support without paying for it?
28 Joost
32 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.