From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to teach emerge -sync to sync packages?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:49:25
1 Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2008 schrieb Helmut Jarausch:
2 > On 18 Jan, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
3 > > Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2008 schrieb ext Helmut Jarausch:
4 > >> Hi,
5 > >>
6 > >> I haven't found out how to teach emerge to rsync
7 > >> /usr/portage/packages
8 > >> as well.
9 > >
10 > > This is not was emerge -sync is for. If you want to have _all_ distfiles
11 > > available locall, you have to setup a mirror. AFAIK this is also
12 > > documented somewhere.
13 >
14 > No, I have a different situation.
15 > I many several identical machines.
16 > On the 'main' machine I have
17 > FEATURES="buildpkg"
18 > in /etc/make.conf
19 >
20 > I just wonder if it's possible to tell emerge somewhere to not exclude
21 > the 'packages' subdirectory.
22
23 I wouldn't even use emerge for this. Just export /usr/portage on the main
24 machine and mount it on the others via NFS.
25
26 HTH...
27
28 Dirk