From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Argh, palemoon again ** 3 [Was: GCC 5.4.0]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:01:04
1 On 2017-04-24 15:31, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > I build Pale Moon manually with gcc-5.4.0, and install in my home dir
4 > and it works fine. I can give you manual build instructions and a
5 > quick-n-dirty framework. I believe Pale Moon has problems with the
6 > new ABI. I've been successfully using a custom-built gcc-5.4.0, built
7 > with...
8 >
9 > --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=gcc4-compatible
10 >
11 > You can also force gcc to use the old ABI by including...
12 >
13 > -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0
14 >
15 > ...in CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS when using a standard gcc-5.4.0.
16
17 Thanks for your help Walter, but clearly this is not a solution when I'm
18 trying to use Gentoo portage gcc. I already have a well running
19 palemoon built with gcc-4, so what would be the purpose of doing this?
20
21 Now, your installation may still hold some information for me as I
22 desperately look for a way out. What is your output from:
23
24 ldd `which palemoon` | grep -F libstdc++
25
26 ?
29 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
30 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
31 Don't clear-text sign:
32 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html