From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] executing a file on a usb thumb drive
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:39:57
1 I have an encrypted usb thumb drive I use to transfer files from work
2 (Win10) to home (gentoo) - the encryption and access is via a program
3 that is stored and executed from the thumb drive.
4
5 Some time back, it became impossible to execute files stored on the
6 thumb drive.  I found I could get it to work if it was mounted within
7 the users home directory.  Since the last round of updates that has
8 become broken as well.
9
10 I presume the culprit is something in eudev/udisks/polkit/elogind (this
11 is an openrc system)
12
13 Can someone point me to a guide on how to set up executing files from a
14 usb thumb drive on gentoo?
15
16 Thanks,
17