From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] executing a file on a usb thumb drive
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:39:57
I have an encrypted usb thumb drive I use to transfer files from work
(Win10) to home (gentoo) - the encryption and access is via a program
that is stored and executed from the thumb drive.

Some time back, it became impossible to execute files stored on the
thumb drive.  I found I could get it to work if it was mounted within
the users home directory.  Since the last round of updates that has
become broken as well.

I presume the culprit is something in eudev/udisks/polkit/elogind (this
is an openrc system)

Can someone point me to a guide on how to set up executing files from a
usb thumb drive on gentoo?

Thanks,

BillK.