From: Mick <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cannot disable FF's prefetch 'feature'
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:28:39
1 Hi All,
2
3 It has been mentioned in this list and elsewhere that toggling
4 network.prefetch-next to false in the about:config should do just that. I
5 was just looking at my netstat output as soon as I fired FF and guess what
6 I saw!
7
8 There was also a connection to 212.58.226.19 which is one of the IP's for
9 BBC online news and just as it happens that was the second next address in
10 FF's dropdown address bar.
11
12 This happens despite having toggled the network.prefetch-next to false. Is
13 there anything else I can toggle for this setting to work as it is supposed
14 to?
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick