From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xinerama on dual head radeon 9600
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:01:33
1 Sebastian Beßler <webmaster@××××××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > Am 14.12.2009 21:39, schrieb Roger Mason:
4 >>
5 >> Hello,
6 >>
7 >> I'm trying to set up a radeon 9600 in an Apple G5 with two monitors.
8 >> I've tried both Xinerama and MergedFB.
9 >
10 > Hello,
11 >
12 > the reason for segfaulting is that you try to use a zaphod style
13 > xorg.conf with xrandr. That don't mix. I learned that the hard way.
14 >
15 > Xinerama is deprecated and replaced by xrandr so you need to configure
16 > that if you want use a Xinerama-like layout.
17
18 Many thanks for the help. I tried it yesterday without success,
19 possibly because my windowmanager (fvwm) needs tweaking. I will post
20 back with succes or failure in the next few days.
21
22 Best wishes,
23 Roger