From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: /usr almost full
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:06:32
1 Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I am having a little problem with my /usr partition, I had a /usr
5 > partition of 3.0GB in a production server that is almost full ( 500MB
6 > remaining ) the portage distfiles is located on other disk (
7 > /home/portage ) and I do not know what I can remove to save some disk,
8 > can someone help ?
11 Well /usr/src contains kernels. get rid of all but the latest sources you
12 are using.
15 Here's a little helper commnad to find large files that may or maynot be
16 discard eligible:
17
18 find ./ -size +100000 -exec ls -lag {} \; | less <lists large files>
21 Here's another trick to find old files that may or maynot be discard eligile:
22
23 find ./ -mtime +180 -exec ls -lag {} \; | less
26 Depending on your setup, files in /usr/tmp may also be 'discard eligible.
29 hth,
32 James
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list