From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's wrong with rsync 3.0.6?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 00:06:40
1 On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:10:41 +0000, David W Noon wrote:
2
3 > > Also, for builds, there is such a
4 > >thing as elogs (which allows you to save all messages to
5 > >/var/log/portage for ease of reading at your leisure.
6 >
7 > I have mine go to /var/log/portage/log. But these only log the
8 > activities within a single ebuild, not the other housekeeping that goes
9 > on in an emerge job. The output of a batch job contains the lot.
10
11 As do the log files in $PORT_LOGDIR, they contain exactly the same output
12 you would see in the terminal. I emerge packages with the -j 2 option,
13 which hides all the output unless an ebuild fails, but it is still in
14 the logs. Elog information is mailed to me.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 One of the nice things about standards is that there are so many of them.