From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching current java-vm for a single application
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 15:40:52
1 On 31 January 2016 at 19:17, Leonardo Guilherme
2 <leonardo.guilherme@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > Hello.
5 >
6 > I'm using OpenJDK JVM regularly on my machine instead of Oracle's one, primarily because of the infinality patches and because I prefer open source software.
7 >
8 > There are some applications, though, that do not play ball with it (namely, SenchaCmd) and I have to keep switching back and forth between installed java-vms just to run it.
9 >
10 > I know nothing about Java or its environment, is there a way to specify the java-vm just for this application instead of doing "eselect java-vm set user 1; sencha *stuff*; eselect java-vm set user 3" everytime?
11 >
12 > Is there a set of environment variables that can do this? Shall I wrap the command in a shell script? Ideas?
13
14 Usually, every [well behaved] java application has JAVA_HOME or
15 similar environment variable to tell it where java is.
16 You can find a valid java homes at /usr/lib/jvm/*/jre or if you
17 manually extracted oracle it will probably live in /opt/xxx.
18
19 What you should do is go over this SenchaCmd startup script and find
20 what it expects.
21
22 Regards,
23 Alon