From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] booting to grub prompt, but config works
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 19:50:18
1 Travis Osterman writes:
2
3 > I'm performing a gentoo installation and have proceeding without
4 > problem until I went to reboot. I am greeted with the grub prompt and
5 > when issuing $>configfile /boot/grub/grub.conf the boot process
6 > continues without issue. The grub-install command seemed to work
7 > correctly, and I've been googling for some trouble-shooting ideas
8 > without headway.
9
10 Check for /boot/grub/menu.lst, this is an alternate (and maybe empty)
11 config file which grub seems to prefer over grub.conf. I'd make it a
12 symlink to grub.conf.
13
14 Wonko
15 --