From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: SAR vs collectl
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:12:41
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:44:23 +0200, Carlos Hendson wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm not aware of any tool that will tell you what files a package will
5 >> create/own before it's built and installed on the system.
6 >>
7 >> It would be nice if there was some sort of online database that could be
8 >> queried for such information. Something like how the equery tool
9 >> functions but online instead of locally.
10 > http://www.portagefilelist.de/
15 Yep, that site works nicely. I have had a couple times it didn't have a
16 file in its database but most of the time, it is in there. Great site.
17
18 To everyone reading this, you can install app-portage/pfl and set it up
19 in a cron to send the results once a week. I do that here to help keep
20 the database up to date since I update pretty often. Sort of return the
21 favor. This is especially true if you run some rarely used programs.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!