From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD64 minimal CD boot problem
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 15:09:07
1 ======= On Tuesday 01 May 2007, you wrote: =======
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to install gentoo on a Dell Dimension C521, which has an
5 > AMD Sempron 3400+ CPU.
6 >
7 > I downloaded and buned the AMD64 2006.1 minimal install disk, but when I try
8 > to boot from the CD it hangs, the last message being:
9 >
10 > io scheduler deadline registered (default)
11 >
12 > I have tried booting with nosata and with doscsi but the boot process
13 > always hangs. A 2006.1 x86 minimal CD boots perfectly.
14 >
15 > Can anyone offer suggestions as to what may be wrong?
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 >
19 > Roger