From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why can't I emerge telnet?
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 22:49:11
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Peter Humphrey<peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Thursday 07 April 2011 21:10:32 Mark Knecht wrote:
7 >>> mark@c2stable ~ $ equery files telnet-bsd | grep bin
8 >>>
9 >> Which of course he can't do until after he's installed the package.
10 >>
11 >> --
12 >> Rgds
13 >> Peter
14 >>
15 > Damn. You're right. My bad.
16 >
17 > Well, had he used eix (or emerge -s telnet) at least he would have
18 > determined that he had the wrong package name.
19 >
20 > - Mark
25 I mistyped a package name the other day and portage actually made
26 suggestions as to what I meant to type. O_O I think the devs are
27 trying to program in some ESP code. lol
28
29 Dale
30