From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] -unicode USE flag
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:08:58
1 060513 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > being a musican and not a computer scientist,
3 > I suppose they are fonts that use 16-bits
4 > instead of whatever they use when I don't include the unicode flag.
5 > the question still arises, why would I want these on my system?
6
7 If you confine yourself entirely to English, French, German & Spanish,
8 you shouldn't need Unicode; if you extend to Russian, Welsh or Esperanto,
9 you will find it useful when switching between those languages & English.
10 That's "briefly", as you are requesting (smile).
14 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
15 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
16 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list