From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: clock skew corrupts kernel builds?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:21:08
1 Uwe Thiem <uwix <at> iway.na> writes:
2
3 > Nope. Date sets the system clock rather than the hardware clock. Try "hwclock
4 > -w" or "hwclock -wu" depending whether you want your clock running GMT or
5 > local time.
6
7 Very Interesting util that hwclock. However, when I ran 'hwclock -r' on 2
8 different gentoo systems, they match the system time rendered by 'date'.
9
10 That was unexpected, as I believe the bios time has never been synce up in
11 since these are relatively new systems that I control. Maybe the bios or using
12 i2c or acpi synced up the bios(haredware time) to the system time.
13
14 Any way, it's good enough to know about hwclock, and when I roll out
15 NTP, I'll delved deeper into this util....
16
17 *THANKS*
18 James
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list