From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] System won't boot if CMOS clock is slow
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:43:54
1 I'm having problems with one of my Gentoo systems who's motherboard
2 clock is a little slow. When the system comes up, the system time is
3 set from the motherboard clock. If that's slow, something in the init
4 system seems to panic because some file or other has a timestamp in
5 the future.
6
7 Just to make it extra convenient, it clears the console screen when
8 that happens so there's no actual record of what went wrong or which
9 component in th init process is failing.
10
11 Going into the BIOS setup and setting the time ahead a minute or two
12 will allow the system to start up normally.
13
14 Is there any way to disable this "feature"?
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ... I don't like FRANK
18 at SINATRA or his CHILDREN.
19 gmail.com