From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2005.1 "el nino" simple user restricts
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:23:26
1 Gyuri wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 > I've just downloaded, and installed Gentoo 2005.1 El Nino. I have some
4 > experiences with former Gentoo releases. But there is a little "bug"
5 > (maybe?) in "el nino". A simple user cannot read the contets of the root
6 > ( / ) partition, she/he can only read and write in his/her own home
7 > directory. Is it a bug? Or is it done for some security reasons?
8 > Thanks in advance. Sorry for my bad English.
9
10 what does output "ls -ld /" ?
11 mine is
12
13 drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 496 Aug 15 01:01 /
14
15 maybe there is something wrong with mount options in etc/fstab ?
16
17 About reemerge the whole system you can use "emerge -ea world", seldom
18 this doesn't go good so the procedure I follow is something like this:
19
20 create a bash script like this (it can be done better, but it's fast to
21 write it this way ;):
22
23 ====
24 #! /bin/bash
25
26 emerge -epv world
27 emerge -e world \
28 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
29 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
30 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
31 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
32 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
33 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
34 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
35 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
36 || emerge --resume --skipfirst \
37 || emerge --resume --skipfirst
38 =====
39
40 chmod +x eworld
41
42 nohup ./eworld & tail -f nohup.out
43
44 at the end
45
46 grep "ERROR.*fail" nohup.out
47
48 to see if something is gone wrong.
49
50 this seem to be your first post, welcome here Gyuri
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list