From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: alternative to thunderbird?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 00:23:00
1 On Wednesday 22 February 2012 20:14:05 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > You'd have to read "The Mythical ManMonth" to truly do it justice (it's a
4 > really good book for developers btw).
5
6 That book used to be required reading in my coding days (70s and 80s).
7
8 On our projects we used to say: the first 50% of the project takes the first
9 90% of the time, and the second 50% takes the other 90%.
10
11 Then we'd go out to tender when the project was cancelled at board level.
12 (This was in the electricity supply industry.)
13
14 As Alan said, in software development nobody ever learns the lessons they
15 should.
18 Rgds
19 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23