From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Thibault Godouet <fcron@××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] fcrontab - what am I missing [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:51:17
1 Hi,
2
3 after hunting around for some weeks now, I've finally found the culprit
4 to my permission problems with fcron[tab]
5
6 First,
7 some Gentoo package must have changed the UID of several executables
8 and directories of the sys-process/fcron package to 'stunnel'
9 instead of 'fcron'.
10 I've found and fixed these long ago but still it didn't work.
11 Now, I've found out, that in
12 /etc/passwd
13 the user 'fcron' had a GID which wasn't in /etc/group any longer.
14 Probably, when sys-process/fcron is reinstalled, portage does not
15 seem to change the entry in /etc/passwd (which it has created
16 itself some time ago)
17
18 This was a hard one.
19
20 Again, many thanks to all of you who have helped me,
21 Helmut.
24 Helmut Jarausch
25
26 Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik