From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Commenting out multiple lines in vim
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 05:03:57
1 > Is there any way to access the vim buffers from other than vi? Using
2 >> Konsole, if I want to copy something from vim I have to highlight with the
3 >> mouse and right click, which is annoying. I really just want a better way
4 >> to copy from Konsole that doesn't involve right click. At least
5 >> shift+insert works for pasting from elsewhere...
8 > Do you want to copy without using right-click (i.e. copy upon mouse select)
9 > or copy without using the mouse at all? I assume the latter, but that was
10 > not my initial reaction when I read "I really just want a better way ...
11 > that doesn't involve right click".
12 >
13 > Stroller.
14 >
15 > Haha, either one. I guess ideally it would be neat to be able to copy from
16 Konsole without using the mouse at all, but I'd settle for mouse highlight
17 and keystroke. Since I use a laptop with a touchpad, the highlighting isn't
18 a huge hand motion away from the keyboard. Though, strtictly speaking, this
19 thread is on vim, and I like to copy from vim more than Konsole anyway
20 (except for like compile bugs, which I guess I could access through vim and
21 the log files).
22
23 ~daid