From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE reboot not preserving running applications
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 00:51:20
1 > On 2018-08-28, at 18:24, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 08/28/18 02:57, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >> Hello list,
5 >>
6 >> After a reboot I get "Too many clients" from the remote krells, the local krell is absent (and if I restart it it comes up in the centre of the screen) and Firefox attempts to run two instances. I have to pkill the lot and start them again.
7 >>
8 >> If I stop these programs before rebooting, all is well when I restart them later, so I suspect the KDE/plasma setup is the guilty party.
9 >>
10 >> I've reinstalled the complete system on bare silicon, created new accounts for myself, and anything else I can think of, just to be sure that I have nothing untoward hanging about.
11 >>
12 >> Is anyone else having this problem?
13
14 Was it ever perfect? I have given up on relying on this feature especially since Chromium does not even launch after logging in again (has not happened in a long time). I just have keyboard shortcuts set up to get things back to how I want them (tiled in various ways, like 50% width, 25% width/height top-left/bottom-left/..., etc).
17 Andrew