From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Movie editing softeware
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 07:58:56
1 On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:39:59 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
2
3 > Now emerging! I shall have to play with it, but it looks just what the
4 > doctor ordered. I *believe* a ts contains an mpeg2 ... let's hope!
5
6 AFAIR recall a .ts (Transport Stream) file is intended for broadcast and
7 so contains more redundant information to allow for unreliable
8 transmission - MythTV records .ts files. Converting for MPEG without
9 reencoding gives the same video but in a smaller file.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 What do you get if you cross an agnostic, an insomniac and adyslexic?
16 Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.