From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] _exists command not found [URGENT]
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:15:37
1 On Friday 13 November 2009 11:22:06 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > a big upgrade on one of my machines (since September = > 750 packages)
5 > broke this machine unexpectedly
6 > It cannot start the network since in the script
7 > /etc/init.d/net.lo
8 > a command '_exists' is used but not found anymore.
9
10 It's not a command, it's the first parameter to a function in the script.
11
12 So, seeing as your initial assumption is wrong, what is the EXACT error
13 message you get?
14
15 I'll bet it's interface xyz does not exist because you have not loaded the
16 module for that hardwrae.
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com