From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why do I need cargo to make an initramfs?
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 13:28:51
1 On Sat, 14 May 2022 14:51:52 +0200, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > Well, I'm not, that's what I'm trying to do.  But I'd like to do it the
4 > way I've done it for years rather using some new facility.
5 >
6 > Can genkernel do it?  I built my kernel just now according to
7 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel/Upgrade, as I always have.
8 >
9 > Maybe I should start over and use genkernel?
10
11 I'd use Dracut, it's simpler and more transparent in its operation.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
18 I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
19 I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
20 All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last week.
21 Time to die.