From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD hdaudio: why do I have two audio devices and two mixers?
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 17:24:08
1 On 03/31/2012 10:25 PM, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2
3 > Then the mixer from kde segfaulted and the sound
4 > was gone as pulseaudio then prefered HDMI over my real soundcard.
5
6 Well, I just spent an hour figuring out how to fix that problem :)
7
8 I assume your HDMI card is "sink number 0" and the analog device is
9 "sink number 1". That's how it works in my new machine, anyway.
10
11 #grep sink /etc/pulse/client.conf
12 default-sink = 1
13
14 I changed the 0 to 1 and now everything works normally. As for any
15 kde app segfaulting.....