From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Keyboard handling weird... in 2.6.30?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 03:31:56
1 I don't know if it is from kernel 2.6.30 or if something else changed,
2 but my keyboard does not behave as normal. It seems like the "key up"
3 signal from the previous key is causing the repeat of the current key
4 to get interrupted. This happens everywhere, not only in X, but in
5 console as well.
6
7 For example, try this: Type some text, like
8 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and then hold left arrow. Your
9 cursor will move to the left until you release the key. Now try to
10 hold the right arrow after you've already been holding the left arrow.
11 It will start to move to the right. Previously, it would continue
12 moving to the right after you released the left arrow. Now, the
13 keyboard repeat STOPS once you release the PREVIOUS key. So, in other
14 words, the repeating of the right arrow is stopped when I release the
15 left arrow... which causes the cursor to stop, and causes me to become
16 aggravated. :P
17
18 Has anyone else noticed this? I hope it's not a new "feature" :) Maybe
19 later tonight I'll try to go back to 2.6.29 and see if this truly was
20 the thing that brought on this change.