From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS connection refused
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 14:56:30
1 On Friday, 20 May 2022 15:35:25 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > This machine is a compute-server for other machines on the network, which it
5 > does by NFS-mounting the portage directories in a chroot. You may remember
6 > that I've messed about a bit with USE flags and the like, but only on this
7 > machine, the compute server and NFS client. The other machine, the NFS
8 > server, has not been touched.
9 >
10 > I've tried wikis and man pages, and I've compared the current config with
11 > historical ones, but I can't find anything wrong, or even different.
12 >
13 > Does the output attached suggest anything? (It's a bit long to be in line.)
14 >
15 > The NFS host shows no log messages at all. Both the firewalls are exactly
16 > the same as they have been for years.
17
18 In fact, I'd missed the one clue, as it was days old: rpcbind failed to start
19 during boot. it said it couldn't find a transport. I'm poking into that, but I
20 haven't found it yet...
23 Regards,
24 Peter.