From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USE flag question (not total newbie)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 08:38:06
1 On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 20:59:30 -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > I'll consider switching to qt5 when I can rebuild _all_ my packages that
4 > way. Under no circumstances will I install both qt4 and qt5, that is a
5 > recipe for madness.
6
7 qt4 and qt5 are slotted and intended to be installed together. Packages
8 are updated at different rates and you will reach a point where some
9 packages haven't be updated for qt4 while others have dropped it
10 entirely. The only way to completely avoid this situation is to have at
11 most one package using qt installed.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Eagles may soar, but Wombles don't get sucked into jet engines