From: john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shutdown options not available xfce4
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 07:04:43
1 On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 22:17:58 +0200
2 Sebastian Beßler <sebastian@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > On 25.08.2012 20:54, john wrote:
5 > >
6 > > For the last few days whenever I start my PC the options to
7 > > shutdown, restart, hibernate are greyed out in xfce. After
8 > > restarting consolekit (which is already running) the options are
9 > > available. I have rebuilt consolekit, xfce but unsure why this
10 > > should start happening.
11 >
12 > Do you have the systemd useflag enabled?
13 >
14 > I had this effect after I enabled the useflag even if I had booted
15 > using openrc.
16 >
17 > Greetings
18 >
19 > Sebastian Beßler
22 Perhaps should have checked this out earlier but found that slim is the
23 problem. When I disable xdm and start xfce4 using startx I don't get
24 the problem. Sorry I didn't check this earlier as been working for
25 a long time.
26
27 systemd use flag is not enabled.
31 John D Maunder