From: qfpvajdy <qfpvajdy@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Important security update for GnuPG!
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:05:53
1 On Thursday 04 January 2007 18:01, Thomas Rösner wrote:
2
3 > Nelson wrote:
4
5 > >> This is strange, I just made a emerge sync and then a emerge
6
7 > >> --update world.
8
9 > >> I have still version 1.4.5. I use x86 (no ~x86).
10
11 > >> [...]
12
13 > >> Maybe have I to do an emerge -uD ? because I do only emerge --update ?
14
15 > >>
19 > > I don't think that's the problem. To my knowledge the -D means update
20
21 > > related packages (it means "deep").
25 > Half way right: in this case, gnupg-1.4.6 *is* a related package. If you
26
27 > have gnupg in world, and tell portage to --update world, it will update
28
29 > the highest slot version of gnupg, in this case 1.9. Only when you say
30
31 > --deep, it will go for the other slots, too, *if* something else still
32
33 > depends on them.
37 > See the original GLSAs for reference - the first GLSA used --update
38
39 > gnupg, the second corrected GLSA said --update =gnupg-1.4* or something
40
41 > equivalent (all from memory).
45 Problem resolved:
46
47 I did know a emerge -uD world and it updated my gnupg version to 1.4.6.
48
49 So from now I will any time use the arguments "-uD" when I'm updating Gentoo.
50
51 Would it not be better if the deep update would be the default update?
52
53 Because this is confusing (for non gentoo experienced users).
57 By the way the emerge =app-crypt/gnupg-1.4.6 worked also before I did the deep update. So its also possible to manally update gnupg.
61 Thanks very much for your support.
67 E-Mail sent with anti-spam site TrashMail.net!
68 Free disposable email addresses: http://www.trashmail.net/
69 --
70 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list