From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GBP character in KDE
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 14:49:36
1 On Sat, 8 March 2014, at 3:50 pm, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > ...
3 > This is what /etc/env.d/02locale contains:
4 >
5 > LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
6 > LC_COLLATE="C"
7
8 Why have you set LC_COLLATE differently from LANG, please?
9
10 It's a couple of years since I messed with locale related stuff, but I understood that you weren't really supposed to set the categories separately.
11
12 Also, when testing I've found that changing locale and launching a new shell doesn't have the same effect as rebooting. Maybe there's something in the startup scripts, but I observed some unexpected behaviours if I didn't reboot.
13
14 Stroller.