From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with performance when booted using systemd
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 09:20:08
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 06 Jun 2014 06:59:18 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > I am using uvesafb for the console, so I get 64x160 screens.
5 >
6 > Why don't you use KMS? I am asking in the off-chance that uvesa is not
7 > working happily with your video card and the native kernel drive performs
8 > better.
9 >
10 > This of course would not explain the high number of tasks; are these only
11 > evident under systemd?
12
13 Under openrc, I get much fewer tasks and even when I first booted
14 systemd, it was fewer, but it was maybe be 400 whereas openrc had 200 or
15 less. I am using uvesafb, because when I tried the kernel driver,
16 nvidia closed source driver was not happy when X was started.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici