From: visualnoise <visualnoise@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Default font for X
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:58:08
1 Users,
2
3 I just emerge'd --newuse --update --deep world then went to work. When
4 I returned to GDM I had a different (and uglier) font at the prompt.
5 This change has also affected Firefox, perhaps more. So how do I set
6 something more pleasing to the eye as a default font for all X apps?
7 Also, why did this happen? I thought emerge left config files alone
8 when updating. Also, I have checked out /etc/fonts/local.conf and to my
9 limited knowledge it seems to be in order.
10
11 Thanks,
12 matthew
13
14 ps - Also just found out that Abiword complains about not detecting
15 fonts, though again /etc/fonts/local.conf look right to me
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list