From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ~amd64 : X11 (?) crashing
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:21:03
1 On Sunday 15 November 2009 02:06:19 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > greets ...
3 >
4 > As mentioned lately in another thread I moved to amd64 unstable last week.
5 >
6 > So far OK ... but:
7 >
8 > I see X11 crashing repeatedly but I don't have a clue what component
9 > might be the reason.
10 >
11 > Sometimes my gnome-session (2.28) works for hours, sometimes for minutes.
12
13 What happens when X crashes? Does the X session go away? Is there an error
14 message? Or does it just hang?
15
16 Your symptoms as described are random, I find far more often than not that is
17 hardware, usually the power supply, ram and video card (in that order)
18
19 Give your hardware a thorough stress test, then only start playing with
20 downgrades
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com