From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X will NOT run in framebuffer mode
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:08:17
1 Richard Watson schreef:
2 > Hi - When trying to run X I'm getting the message "Fatal server
3 > error: Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specifiy bus IDs for
4 > all framebuffer devices". I'm running an IBM pentium 2 laptop, with
5 > the genkernel from 2005.1 stage 3 install. Any help would be really
6 > appreciated. Thanks, Richard
7
8 Knowing what video chip is involved, what kernel module you're trying to
9 use with it, and what settings you have in Xorg (the contents of
10 /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log would be good here), would be
11 useful info to have in order to attempt to help; we are not psychic
12 (this week, as far as I know).
13
14 Also, are you trying to run in framebuffer mode (and it's not working,
15 obviously), or are you not supposed to be running in framebuffer mode
16 (so you're making an incorrect request when starting the X server, which
17 needs to be corrected)?
18
19 Holly
20 --