From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skype && pulseaudio
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 01:03:34
1 On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 11:42 -0500, David wrote:
2 > Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
3 > > Am Montag 22 Februar 2010 10:48:37 schrieb David Abbott:
4
5 > > Just tried this tool, but it seems to be a complete failure. Just gives a box
6 > > with "connection refused", but no information what it tries to connect to. The
7 > > pulseaudio-deamon itself is running, and I can connect to it via pacmd without
8 > > any problem.
9 > >
10 > > Alex
13 > I don't use it system wide, here are the guides I used;
14 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-789181-highlight-pulseaudio.html
15 > http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup
16
17 agreed, try and solve the pulseaudio problems first by looking at the
18 tips on those guides.
19
20 Also you might find this useful:
21 http://share.skype.com/sites/linux/2009/09/some_explanations.html
26 Salesman: Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Griffin. Now, I know you've been here all
27 day, so if you'll just sign this contract without reading it I'll take
28 your blank check, and you won't not be not loving your time-share before
29 you know it.