From: askar k <askar.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Proxy server related issue
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:55:31
1 Thanks, Ryan.
2 I'll look trough the info you sent.
3
4 askar
5
6 On 1/20/06, Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > First off I have very little knowledge on best practises regarding
8 > where servers should be located and such. I set up a proxy server at
9 > home which acts as a firewall/router and all other little things. In
10 > doing so I found the following guides and how to's rather helpful:
11 >
12 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml
13 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/security/index.xml
14 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_setup_a_home-server
15 >
16 > For some reason I would put the mail server behind the proxy server
17 > and have the firewall on the proxy server forward any packets on the
18 > mail ports to the mail server. Though something along the lines of
19 > this is discussed in the Security Guide.
20 >
21 > --
22 > Ryan Viljoen Bsc(Eng) (Electrical)
23 >
24 > "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
25 > - Mark Twain
26 >
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list