From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, bigfish@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo system crumbling, reports of gcc death
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:50:46
1 Thanks for all your effort, Richard. It turns out to have been operator error
2 all along. There's an old addition to my /etc/make.conf that adds the offending
3 LDFLAGS stuff, with a note that it was inspired by a thread in this list. Sigh.
4 If I had continued reading the thread for a few more days back then, I would
5 have saved myself this trouble, as some wiser folks made it clear why this
6 was bad. Odd that only the one package was clobbered by this.
7
8 Oh, well...
9
10 ++ kevin