From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP officejet pro 8600 printer (all-in-one)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 01:43:55
1 On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 07:58:42PM -0400, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 > I will be buying a new printer and am considering three members of the
3 > HP 8600 class
4 >
5 > HP officejet pro 8600 (N911a)
6 >
7 > HP officejet pro 8600 plus (N911g)
8 >
9 > HP officejet pro 8600 premium (N911n)
10 >
11 > The first two are listed on the hplip site as having full support and
12 > recommended. The third is not listed, which I found surprising.
13 >
14 > Any recommendations/suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.
15 >
16 > thanks,
17 > allan
18
19 Not exactly what you asked about, but want to comment that we're using a
20 HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 for over 2 years with great results. We use it
21 wired, and everything on the LAN can print to it at 192.168.100.5. It has a
22 web interface for scanning that beats everything I've used before. IIRC the
23 8600 is an upgrade of the 8500. We've used HP exclusively since switching to
24 Linux OSes in 2003, because HP provides drivers for Linux systems, and the
25 quality of their product for the price beats the competition (IMO).
26
27 I once did a fax from it, but refuse to use fax in the 21st century.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Bruce
31 --
32 Happy Penguin Computers >')
33 126 Fenco Drive ( \
34 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
36 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
37 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
38
39 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
40 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
41 A: Top-posting.
42 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
43
44 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting