From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Java VM and SDK: icedtea X oracle's
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:42:38
1 2015-04-22 14:10 GMT-03:00 Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>:
5 > 2015-04-22 10:54 GMT-03:00 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
6 >
7 > On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:34:05 -0300, Francisco Ares wrote:
8 >>
9 >> > A few months ago I got rid of oracle's java jre and jdk in favor of
10 >> > icedtea.
11 >> >
12 >> > Now, when issuing an "emerge -tpvuDN world", oracle's jre is about to be
13 >> > installed again on this system:
14 >>
15 >> See the thread from earlier this week "stable java virtuals require
16 >> unstable java packages".
19 >> --
20 >> Neil Bothwick
21 >>
22 >> Mac screen message: "Like, dude, something went wrong."
26 > Thanks for the tip, gonna try to understand everything from that thread,
27 > but meanwhile I'm going to do what Alon has suggested.
28 >
29 > Best Regards,
30 > Francisco
33 Hi, again.
34
35 Both approaches have worked out. Masking Oracle's JDK and JRE was a good
36 starting point, and later on, having icedtea-bin and icedtea-web marked as
37 ~arch (and removing the mask for JDK and JRE) did the final trick.
38
39 Thanks and Best Regards,
40 Francisco